- Position sought: Ela Area Public Library Board of Trustees
- Personal: Age: 57; Lake Zurich resident for 29 years.
- Family: Husband: Roger; three grown children (daughter, two sons).
- Occupation: Retired from Kraft Foods after 31 years.
- Related experience: Earned several leadership awards including Above and Beyond the Call of Duty (ABCD) awards at Kraft. Currently volunteers at St. France de Sales Church in various capacities including lector coordinator and member of the Employment Ministry helping with mock interviews for those seeking jobs. Serves as a committee member of Boy Scout Troop 93 in Lake Zurich, helping with Eagle Scout Courts of Honor. Has volunteered at St. Francis de Sales as a Confirmation Leader (2001-2007), co-lead for LZHS Soccer Booster Program, Corner Kick Club (2002-2004), Boy Scout Troop 93 Committee Chair (1997-2004), Cub Scout Pack 309 Cubmaster (1995-1997), Cub Scout Pack 309 Chartered Organization Representative (1992-1995).
I have attended the last three Board meetings to continue to educate myself about the library beyond being a patron. I am proud to live in a community where we have such great services and programs provided by the Ela Public Library. I'm impressed with the thoughtful leadership of Mary Beth Campe, library director, and the board members. Ela has earned their reputation as a leader in many library trends. In recent Board meetings, there have been discussions of upgrading conference rooms and creating a media lab. I am excited about the possibilities this might create in serving the Lake Zurich area business community, students in middle school, high school and college, as well as other patrons.