Henry J. Paulus Park
Henry J. Paulus Park is the centerpiece of the Lake Zurich Park and Recreation Department and perhaps of the community. Michael J. Perkins is its director. In addition to many enticing attractions, it hosts an array of events each year, such as the Fourth of July fireworks. Take a stroll along its paths and you may happen upon some geese. There are several places along the paths to stop and take in glimpses of Lake Zurich. The beach has a children's water park adjacent to it as well as wooden playground equipment. Don't forget to visit the concession stand for some refreshments.
Elsewhere in the park, there is a covered pavilion with seating, perfect for evening concerts. Play horseshoes or volleyball, if you like, or just picnic under one of the pavilions or benches. If that's not enough, there's a skateboarding area and a sled hill. The parking lot holds up to 150 vehicles.
- Hours: Daily, closes at dusk
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Beach, Benches, Concert stage, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Restrooms
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No pets
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 41 acres
- Features: Fountain, Horseshoes, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables