Written by Karen Chadra
Lake Zurich was well-represented at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday with 25 runners crossing the finish line.
Here is a look at the top male finishers from Lake Zurich:
- Bruce McNair, 51, finished with a time of 2:56.27. He finished in 621st place overall.
- Nick Juknelis, 34, finished with a time of 3:38.08. He finished in 5,754th place overall.
- Paul Kuo, 32, finished with a time of 3:47.34. He finished in 7,978th place overall.
- Lauren Raine, 25, finished with a time of 4:12.58. She finished in 15,418th place overall and 4,808th place among all women.
- Elizabeth Cassidy, 26, finished with a time of 4:42.20. She finished in 23,711th place overall and 8,819th place among all women.
- Katy Madsen, 31, finished with a time of 4:42.36. She finished in 23,769th place overall and 8,852nd place among all women.
A record 39,115 runners finished the race in Grant Park on Sunday, according to Chicago Marathon officials.
Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto won the marathon, setting a course record of 02:03:45—53 seconds faster than last year's winning time. Winning on the women's side was Kenyan Rita Jeptoo, who finished in 02:19:15, the fastest women's marathon time in the world this year.
“It was an incredible day at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon—one where the results from the course reflected the hard work and determination that was put in by the staff, the volunteers and our City of Chicago partners to make the event possible,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski in a statement.
Source: Bank of America Chicago Marathon searchable results.
Did you compete in Sunday's race? Let us know how it went in the comments section. Do you know someone who participated in the race? Send them a congratulatory message by commenting below.
Amie Schaenzer contributed to this article.