Teachers make an impact on our lives from early childhood through college and beyond, but a new survey reveals that 75 percent of adults don’t express appreciation to their former teachers.
This Tuesday, May 7, marks National Teacher Appreciation Day: a time to say “thank you” to teachers across the country for everything they do to educate our nation.
How has a teacher impacted your life? Share your stories with us in the comments section.
Kars4kids, national educational non-profit, prepared a national survey measuring how teachers impacted American adults and ways they have expressed their appreciation.
- 80 percent of adults recognize that their work ethic, time spent as a community volunteer, and even career choice was a direct result of teachers who inspired them in the classroom.
- 78 percent of U.S. adults had an out-of-classroom experience with their teacher enhancing learning.
- 61 percent believe that teacher taught them skills outside of the standard curriculum.
- Nearly three quarters of adults said they would want their children to have the same teachers they did.
Looking for ideas to celebrate the teachers in your life? Here are some options from the National Education Association:
- Ideas and Activities for Celebrating National Teacher Day
- Five easy ways to make a difference in the lives of teachers
Share photos of your favorite teachers with Patch! Upload them to this article to show your appreciation for all that they do for you.