Lake Zurich Community School Unit District 95 buses make 140 daily round trips, providing transportation for 6,021 students.
But road construction projects are affecting those daily trips.
District 95’s Transportation Department re-routes around construction when possible and utilizes other bus routes in the area to assist in student pick up. The district also sends out drivers not assigned at the time to fill in, according to the district’s website.
The major road projects affecting District 95 bus routes:
- Rainbow Road improvements - October 7 through November 30 pending weather conditions for tree removal and resurfacing Rainbow Road from Cuba Road to just south of Schaeffer Lane and Middlefork Road from Rainbow Road to Old Farm Road.
- Heights Subdivision (west of Rand Road between Honey Lake Road and Ravinia Road) resurfacing existing pavement and replacing curb, gutter and sidewalk as needed.
- Quentin Road reconstruction and widening from Boschome Drive south to Rue Royale/Field Parkway.
- Route 12 resurfacing from Old McHenry Road north to Fish Lake Road.
- Route 12 and Old McHenry Road intersection and signal improvements.
- Miller Road bridge closure west of Clover Hill Road and east of Route 59. New estimated re-opening date is October 26.
- Route 22 from Route 14 to Route 12 resurfacing once Miller Road is re-opened. The current estimated start date is October 30,
The district asks parents to remind children about the important of good behavior on the bus to prevent driver distractions, the website states.
Parents can keep up on the latest transportation news on District 95’s website.