Lake Zurich residents spoke loud and clear Tuesday, with a large majority of voters throwing their support behind the village's ability to arrange for the electricity supply for homeowners and small commercial/retail customers.
According to unofficial results, 69.45 percent of voters said "yes" on the electric aggregation referendum, while the remaining 30.55 percent of voters said "no" to the measure.
As Mayor Suzanne Branding explained at the Village Board's March 5 meeting, by approving the referendum, "the village can get better (electricity) rates as a whole; ComEd would still deliver the service and send bills out — and if there are problems, ComEd would still be called."
Residents will be given two opportunities to opt out of the program.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something