Here's a look at some events coming up this week:
- R. J. Lindsey, an actor from Chicago, will use period photographs to talk about the building of the Titanic from 7 to 8 p.m. April 25 at the . Registration is required for this free program. Call (847) 438-3433, visit www.eapl.org or email email@example.com.
- will present its spring musical, "The Sound of Music," April 25-28 in the Performing Arts Center. Read about the play here on Lake Zurich Patch.
- The will hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. April 26 to adopt the budget for the fiscal year starting May 1, 2012 and ending April 30, 2013.
- The Ela Area Public Library will present "When the Great Ship Went Down," which will feature music that was popular at the time of the Titanic disaster. Musician Phil Passen will perform songs like "Come Josephine in My Flying Machine" and "The Glow Worm" on a hammered dulcimer. The free performance will take place from 2 to 3 p.m. Registration is not required to attend.
- The College of Lake County will host Astronomy Day April 28. A variety of free daytime events will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Then, from 7 to 9 p.m., guests can view the moon, stars and planets through telescopes, weather permitting. For more information, including the complete schedule of events, visit the Lake County Astronomical Society's website.