There's coming up this week in Lake Zurich, including the Ela Township budget approval, a science fair and even a Titanic-related program.
Here's a look at what's ahead this week:
- The will hold a parenting workshop on autism at 7 p.m. April 10. Linda Hoeck, autism coordinator for the Northwest Suburban Special Education Association, will discuss autism during the free event. Registration is required. Call the library's information desk at 1-847-438-3433 or visit www.eapl.org.
- The Board will hold a committee-of-the-whole meeting at 6:15 p.m. April 12. Items on the agenda include: bid approvals for summer work projects and physical education uniforms; a discussion about the 2012-13 budget parameters; and a discussion about board and district goals. The meeting will be held at .
- The Board will hold a meeting at 7:30 p.m. April 12 at the Ela Town Hall. Items on the agenda include: approval of the budget and appropriation ordinance; approval of the road budget; and possible action to change committee appointments.
- The will feature actress Lynn Rymarz as Titanic survivor Molly Brown from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. April 13. Registration is required for this free program. Call 1-847-438-3433, visit www.eapl.org or email email@example.com.
- Lake Zurich Community Unit School District 95 Education Foundation will hold its annual science fair from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. April 14. Other activities planned include: a LEGO team demonstration; Mr. Scien'z Cool Science Show; and demonstrations from the Lake Zurich High School robotics and rocket teams.