Here's a look at what's coming up this week in Lake Zurich.
1. The will kick off winter story time sessions Jan. 10 through Feb. 23 and April 3-26. The following programs will be offered:
- Music and Movement (for children 2-5 accompanied by an adult) meets Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
- On My Own (for unaccompanied children ages 3 1/2 to 5) meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
- Terrific Twos & Threes (for accompanied children by an adult) meets Thursdays at 10 a.m.
2. The will hold its annual Preschool Fair from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Jan. 11. The Preschool Fair will feature more than 20 facilities from the Lake Zurich area. Parents will have the chance to meet with and talk to representatives from the various facilities. Registration is not required. For more information, call the children's department at (847) 438-3840.
3. will hold a special meeting at 6:15 p.m. Jan. 12 to appoint a . The special meeting will be followed by a committee-of-the-whole meeting. Scheduled topics include the five-year facilities plan, registration fees and the 2012-13 non-resident tuition rate. The meeting will be held in the library.
4. will hold its meeting at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 12. Agenda items include consideration of grants to local agencies and a possible reduction in the number of sick days allowed for employees.
5. Christmas trees can be set out on the curb and will be picked up through Jan. 13. The trees must not be in bags and must be free of all tinsel.