Lake Zurich is reassessing what the next phase for redeveloping its downtown should be and what steps need to occur immediately.
Village staff will discuss those steps and present the Moving Lake Zurich Forward: Six Point Downtown Action Plan at the Board of Trustees meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at village hall, 70 E. Main St.
The Moving Lake Zurich Forward: Six Point Downtown Action Plan builds on the framework of the Downtown Lake Zurich Redevelopment Strategies Plan the village adopted in January 2012, according to staff reports.
The main points are:
- Enhance the overall appearance of downtown Lake Zurich
- Develop and promote special events in Lake Zurich
- Encourage development and help support local businesses
- Engage in a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Focus on site-specific redevelopment prospects in downtown Lake Zurich
- Stabilize and strengthen the long-term fiscal outlook of the downtown TIF District.
- Pay attention to the intangibles.
Each point includes specific things Lake Zurich needs to do now, which village staff will discuss with the board.