The Village of Lake Zurich
will begin providing weekly curbside leaf collection the week of October 15,
continuing through November 30.
Leaf collection for your street will occur one day after your normal refuse/recycling collection day. The collection day for the Heights subdivision will be the same day as normal garage pickup, which is every Monday due to road construction.
If you are having complications getting your leaves collected due to road resurfacing, please contact Public Works at 847-540-1696.
A few reminders for leaf collection:
- All leaves should be raked into the parkway within 3 feet of the curb, but not over the curb and into the street.
- Please keep leaves in the parkway.
- Leaf piles should be kept away from mailboxes and other obstacles that would interfere with leaf pickup.
- Avoid parking vehicles in front of piles of leaves until they are collected.
- Do not mix trash, yard waste such as tree limbs, or grass with leaves. Yard waste mixed with leaves can cause safety concerns and equipment malfunction.
- If you prefer, leaves may be placed in paper bags for pickup. If you prefer this method, yard waste bag collection will continue on the same day as your household garbage pickup until November 30.
Help prevent flooding
Your cooperation is vital to help prevent flooding. Please do not rake leaves into the curb line as this prevents rainwater from properly draining into storm drains. If there is an accumulation of leaves covering a storm drain, please clear the debris to prevent your street from flooding or contact Public Works at 847-540-1696.
More Questions? Should you need further information, call Waste Management at 800-964-8988.