On Oct. 1, new health insurance options are becoming available through the Affordable Care Act.
Enroll Lake County! is a local initiative to help Lake County residents understand and apply for these new health insurance options. Enroll Lake County has over 60 trained counselors who are available to assist individuals and families with applying for health insurance.
These services are free and will soon be available at locations throughout the county.Get ready for enrollment which begins October 1, 2013 for coverage beginning January 1, 2014
- Up-to-date information about enrollment and implementation can be found at http://www.healthcare.gov/
- Keep up to date on information through the health department's social media channels:
- All insurance plans will have to show the costs and what is covered in simple language with no fine print.
- All insurance plans will have to cover doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care, and prescriptions.
- If you have a pre-existing condition, insurance plans cannot deny you coverage.
- You may be able to get financial help to pay for a health insurance plan.
- Undocumented citizens will not receive insurance under the Act
- No one pays more than 9.5% of their income
- There is parity between mental health coverage and medical coverage
- Benefits are available Jan. 1, 2014
- We will provide information as it becomes available. Please check this page on an ongoing basis for updates