Just over 23 percent of Lake County's 385,905 registered voters took to the polls Tuesday to vote on everything from electricity aggregation referendums to the president.
Here's a look at some of the races that were on Lake Zurich residents' ballots:
- 6th Congressional District: Barrington Hills resident Leslie Coolidge won the Democratic nomination to compete against Republican incumbent Peter Roskam for the 6th Congressional District seat.
- Electricity aggregation referendum: The measure received 1,678 "yes" votes, with 69.45 percent of Lake Zurich voters approving the referendum. The remaining 30.55 percent of voters rejected the measure.
- Lake County Coroner: Political newcomer Thomas Rudd of Lake Forest defeated incumbent Coroner Artis Yancey of Waukegan, earning him the opportunity to represent the Democratic party in the November general election for the Lake County Coroner's Office. Republican Steve Newton of Antioch claimed victory over Howard Cooper of Bannockburn.
- Lake County State's Attorney: Libertyville resident Chris Kennedy won the Democratic nomination, while Gurnee resident Mike Nerheim garnered the Republican nomination for Lake County State's Attorney.
Take a look at our comprehensive Lake Zurich Election Central guide for more information about all of the candidates.