The proposal for rezoning and a Planned Unit Development for the Dimucci property at Old McHenry Road and Rte. 12 will go before the Lake County Board on Oct. 9.
The Dimucci family is requesting rezoning and a PUD for a commercial development on the 109-acre Dimucci property, which is at the southeast corner of Route 12 and Old McHenry Road, near Hawthorn Woods. The proposal has gone through an extensive review process throughout the summer, which included numerous public hearings in which residents expressed their concerns over the controversial proposal.
- In July, the Regional Planning Commission recommended against approval of the Dimucci proposal.
- The plan moved to the Zoning Board of Appeals in July and one hearing was held before a series of delays while North Barrington and Hawthorn Woods officials negotiated. The two villages began the process opposed to the Dimucci proposal.
- In August, and set numerous conditions and limitations.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals voted unanimously in favor of recommending the Dimucci proposal with the limiting conditions set by the intergovernmental agreement in September.
- The Planning, Building and Zoning Committee reviewed the application on Sept. 25. The Committee recommended approval of the application subject to extensive conditions that reduce the project's size and scale, introduce more compatibility controls, and reduce the project's environmental impact, according to an update from the Lake County Planning and Zoning Department.
The Dimucci proposal will now move on to the Lake County board. Lake County will simultaneously vote on the intergovernmental agreement between the county and the villages.
The county will review the request on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at 9 a.m., at 18 N. County Street, Waukegan - 10th Floor
If you can't make it to the meeting, you can watch it live from your computer.
For more information about the project, please visit www.lakecountyil.gov/dimucciproperty.