This year will be more about costumes centered around popular culture and less about sexy "nurses/cats/policemen," according to the HuffingtonPost.
According to Google shopping trend data, here is a look at some of the most popular costume ideas for the 2013 Halloween season:
- Minion costume
- Breaking Bad costume
- Fox costume
- Duck Dynasty costume
- Miley Cyrus costume
- Minecraft costume
- Daenerys costume
- Batman costume
- Gatsby dress costume
- Daft Punk costume
Here is a look at Newegg's top 10 favorite Halloween costumes this year:
- Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty - Dress up as your favorite character from the popular television reality show Duck Dynasty with this officially licensed Uncle Si costume.
- Gangnam Style Korean Pop Star Psy - Celebrate Halloween "Gangnam style" in this Psy costume complete with a blazer, bow tie and sunglasses.
- Travelocity Roaming Gnome - As everyone's favorite travel mascot, you're sure to get lots of laughs as the Travelocity Roaming Gnome.
- Sailor Moon - Transform into the popular anime character Sailor Moon with this costume that comes with a dress, choker necklace, gloves and boot covers.
- Lt. Dangle from Reno 911 - Protect the community in this Lt. Dangle costume complete with a shirt, badge, utility belt and his trademark short shorts.
- Flying Squirrel - This flying squirrel costume with a snap up front bodysuit is cute, warm and snuggly!
- The Three Amigos - Grab two more Amigos to make up this famous trio from the classic comedy western movie.
- Lucy from I Love Lucy - You'll be the hit of any party as the lovable and funny red head from the 1950's iconic television series.
- Pac-Man - Video game fans will love dressing up as everyone's favorite arcade character in this children's sized Pac-Man costume.
- Underdog - Give your dog the gift of being a classic superhero with this adorable Underdog outfit.
Source: Marketwired press release