And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- Advocate Hospice in Lake Zurich and Park Ridge is looking for dog volunteers, and their owners,
- COVE Alliance out of Hawthorn Woods is looking for a volunteer in
- American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Lake Zurich is looking for volunteers to sit on its planning committee for the 2014 Relay for Life in the Lake Zurich area.
- Smart Farm of Barrington is looking for help at their vegetable garden, which harvests food for local food pantries. The organization is also looking for a volunteer coordinator and volunteers at its frozen zucchini snowshoe adventure.
- Journeycare, formerly Hospice of Northeastern Illinois, is seeking inpatient unit volunteers to "support families, patients and staff in an acute-care, fast-paced environment."
Does your organization need volunteers? Let the community know in the comments' section.