Wondering what the trick or treat hours are and any special events on Halloween? Here is what we found at Lake Zurich Patch.
- Lake Zurich’s Trick or Treat Hours are on Oct. 31 from 3 -8 p.m. and trick or treaters are advised to only visit homes with a porch light on. Hawthorn Woods trick or treat hours are 4-8 p.m. Kildeer trick or treat hours are 3-8 p.m.
- Especially for the little ones, Ela Area Public Library will have a Monster Mash on Wednesday, October 31 at 10 a.m. at the Ela Area Public Library. Geared for accompanied children ages one and up, the Mash includes music, treats and a special craft. For more information, please call the Children’s Department at 847/438-3840. No registration is required.
- May Whitney School will hold it’s Halloween Parade at 1:30 p.m., on Oct. 31. All Lake Zurich District 95 elementary schools will hold Halloween parties in the afternoon.
- Bring a can of food for needy people or pets and visit the Halloween House in Old Mill Grove on Oct. 31. The Horndasch House and yard is filled with ghouls and goblins.
- Don't forget to enter the Patch Best Halloween Costume in America contest. You could win $5,000. State finalists will win $250.
- Long Grove holds its Spooktacular on Halloween, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Bring the kids by after school and they’re not going to leave empty-handed in this safe and friendly trick or treat area. Many merchants in the Historic Village of Long Grove will even get in on the fun wearing costumes to celebrate Halloween. The Village Tavern will be filled with ghosts and goblins as the staff dresses up and kicks off a costume contest starting at 7 p.m. with three divisions (ages 6 and under, 7 to 12 and 13 and over). To keep “spirits” high every contestant wearing a costume wins a prize! Roger Pauly will be playing plenty of “spine tingling” scary music at The Village Tavern. In addition, down the street at Woodland Grove Gallery and Trio Boutique, the staff will be transformed into witches giving guests “wicked” good service and fashion tips.