The store at 2 E. Main St., was built by Seth Paine in 1850. It went through a series of owners over the years, but was always operated as a general store.
In 1908, Emil Frank purchased the store and had an ice cream, candy and newspaper store until 1946.
This store was a real joy to young people with its ice cream treats and penny candy counter. Chocolate bars were 5 cents and sodas and sundaes were 15 cents. The store also sold new and used school books.
The building was torn down in 1957 and the Ludwig Vesely built the Vesely Rexall Drug. The building later housed Szydelko Printing.
The building is now home to