Facebook.com is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family, but it's also serving as a platform for sharing favorite recipes. Some of the dishes are delish, and others don't live up to the endorsements.
Bottom line, you won't know how good the recipe is until you taste it!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans (you can use the jalapeño kind)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to the package directions.
- Unroll crescent rolls into rectangles.
- Place in ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch jellyroll pan or cookie sheet.
- Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
- Bake at 375 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Microwave beans in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Carefully spread beans over warm crust creating a thin layer.
- Top with cooked beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, black olives and green onion. Return to oven for 3-6 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Serve immediately. Makes 12 main dish servings or 48 appetizers.
Source: Easy Recipes, Healthy Eating Ideas