Starting today, Lake Zurich Patch will run a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
Our first list is the best places in town to watch the Super Bowl this Sunday.
1. , 84 N. Rand Rd., 847-550-6003, is holding a Super Bowl Bash. The bash includes food and drink specials as well as prizes. And you can watch the game on any of six big screen TVs.
2. , 763 S. Rand Rd., Lake Zurich, 847-540-0600, will open at 3 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday and has three 55-inch TVs in the bar area to watch the game on. http://beelows.com
3. , 561 Route 22, ww.ginoseastoflakezurich.com, 847-438-4800, will be offering half-price pizzas, $2 Miller Lite pints, $2 Coors Light pints, $3.50 cocktails, $4 Jaeger Bombs, free loaded nachos at half-time and free chips and salsa during the game. www.ginoseastoflakezurich.com
4. , 365 Surryse Rd., will hold a Super Bowl Bash including football, food and family fun. Guests can also participate in raffles and/or trivia contests! This event is open to the public and costs $10 per adult (covers food buffet and admission) and $5 per child (ages 5-12). Children under five may attend for free. For tickets or more information, contact Jeff Rae at (224) 558-0452, www.koc3954.org
5. Smokin T’s Bar-B-Que, 3976 Route 22, Long Grove, has a Super Bowl Special takeout menu so you can have your own party at home. It includes plenty of barbeque such as smoked pulled pork, smoked pulled Amish chicken, black angus beef short-ribs, smoked bulled turkey, bbq style fajitas, wings, chili, meatballs, mac and cheese, nachos and more. www.smokingtsbbq.com/Welcome.html