Here's a look at what's coming up this week:
- The Lake Zurich Village Board will hold its meeting at 7 p.m. April 16. Items on the agenda include: a public hearing on the 2012-13 budget; the first of two public hearings on municipal electric aggregation, with the second public hearing slated for May 7; possible approval of the 2012 fireworks contract; and a discussion about downtown redevelopment strategies.
- The village's annual hydrant flushing program is set to begin April 16. For a full schedule, visit the village website.
- The Ela Area Public Library will hold a writing workshop for teens in grades seven through 12 at 7 p.m. April 17. The writing workshop will offer information on the point-of-view of stories. This is a free program but registration is required. Please register by phone at 1-847-438-3433, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.eapl.org.
- The Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce will hold a Business After Hours event from 5 to 7 p.m. April 19 at the new Ela Township Community Center, 380 Surryse Road.
- St. Peter United Church of Christ will hold its "Theology on Tap" discussion group for young adults ages 21 to 35 at 6:30 p.m. April 19. Led by Pastor Emily Mitchell, the event will be held at Giordano's of Lake Zurich.