Twitter Erupts With Comments on Osama Bin Laden Death
LakeZurichPatch Twitter followers on terrorist's death show range of opinions.
Throughout the night and into this morning, Twitter has been active with people sharing their thoughts and reports on death of the FBI’s most wanted terrorist.
According to CNN Political Ticker, a Twitter user unknowingly reported details of the attack on Osama bin Laden last night. IT consultant Sohaib Athar, tweeted some of the first public accounts of the attack from Abbottabad, the city where bin Laden was found.
Twitter says that it reached more than 4,000 tweets per second at the beginning and end of President Obama’s speech last night. Reactions were mixed, ranging from elation to fear over the outcome. See some of the top Tweets.
Here are some local tweets from @LakeZurichPatch Twitter followers:
- @RepJoe Walsh Justice has been served
- @davidmudd @paulmittleman: 10 years 2 wars 919,967 deaths and $1,188,263,000,000 later, The U.S managed to kill one person.. amazing the power of one!
- @Thomas_McAndrew #ifiwaspresident I'd go outside and celebrate with the people outside the @whitehouse
- @LuuLuu467 Osama is gone, oil is still high and I still have to go to work.
- @eswimmer1 just because Osama is dead doesnt mean we're safe. in fact, we're in more danger. think about it.
- @CollinCorbett Wow. #perspective "@jimformanKING5: 9/11 widow on my flight. In tears. Comforted by entire cabin. Life altering event to see.
- @IssaMas My Dad, 9/11 1st Responder & Survivor, & sufferer of WTC Syndrome, said he felt empty watching ppl celebrating the murder of a human being.
- @LouMalnatis "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~Elmer Davis. Thank... http://fb.me/vVllULBq
- @Coyote_Rose It's not about celebrating Osama's death, its about celebrating that he can no longer kill and terrorize people #dudewasevil
- @marklisanti Let this serve as a lesson to future terrorists: When we finally kill you, we will mock your death with ten billion tweets. Not worth it.