Recycle Christmas Trees at Lake County Forest Preserves
Trees are chipped and used to make trails.
Don’t send your Christmas tree to the landfill, drop it off at a Lake County Forest Preserve site for recycling.
Donated trees are chipped and used for trails and for landscaping at forest preserves throughout Lake County.
Bring your tree to a drop-off site at one of the following forest preserves, open daily from 6:30 a.m. to sunset:
- Grant Woods in Fox Lake—NEW location, drop trees off at Monaville Road entrance, second parking lot.
- Greenbelt in Waukegan—drop trees off next to maintenance facility.
- Half Day in Vernon Hills—drop trees off next to maintenance facility.
- Heron Creek in Long Grove—NEW location, drop trees off at Shelter A.
- Lakewood in Wauconda—drop trees off along Forest Preserve Drive.
- Old School in Libertyville—drop trees off near main entrance.
- Ryerson Woods in Deerfield—drop trees off at the end of main entrance road.
- Van Patten Woods in Wadsworth—drop trees off by the Shelter A parking area.
Only undecorated, real Christmas trees can be accepted; no yard waste. Commercial drop-offs are prohibited.